• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV fan clutch conversion?

1crook

I have a new Borg Warner viscous fan clutch. Both the NSN (2930-01-565-8355) and the BW part number (1210-09-167-51) come back as HMMWV, on various websites.

But all the HMMWV fan clutches I see in the HMMWV TMs (-P) show as being a hydraulic clutch.

Does anyone have knowledge of this item? Is this a later service replacement designed to replace the hydraulic setup?

Thanks

Dawn

IMG_3131.jpgIMG_3130.jpg

Hummermark

Hi used with the gear driven fan (GDF) serial number 300k and above in theory.they do away with the hydraulic clutch and have the GDF
do you want to sell one?

1crook

Hi used with the gear driven fan (GDF) serial number 300k and above in theory.they do away with the hydraulic clutch and have the GDF
do you want to sell one?
Is this fan clutch all that is required to convert one? Are there any other components that are necessary, like for instance are the fan blades the same?

I have someone that is interested in it, but could not find a lot of information on it.

Hummermark

Hi there is quite a lot to get to convert it to gfd the fan is different need new chassis crossmembers,different mounts for the front diff,new mount for the radiator,GDF,drive shaft,engine crankshaft pulley,radiator cowling and re route some small pipe work.A fair job

1crook

Thank you for the reply Hummermark. I will follow up with my customer and see if he is still interested based upon the additional items needed to make this work and let you know if he does not buy it. You will get first shot at it since you expressed interest first.

Dawn

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks