• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Grote LED instal issues

jpinst

I recently installed some Grote LED lights on my HMMWV. Everything works fine. The one problem I have is that the turn signal indicator light on the steering column is flashing so dimly, that I can't even see it.

I remember a while ago reading somebody had a similar problem but now I cannot find that post.

I dont think the LED's are drawing enough current. Any ideas for a fix?

Thanks in advance.

mangus580

Did you buy the proper light for the HMMWV? Grote has 2 different versions. One is for the HMMWV and one is for everything else.

jpinst

They had a HMMWV retrofit kit for over $800, but I did not need all the lights and their full housings so i bought them individually. Mostly, just the fronts.

Is there a way to resolve this problem then?

jwaller

I have heard of this issue before. basically the LED's don't draw enough amperage to trip the blinker. I believe you add a resister to fix this issue. I also believe bjorn has posted on this issue.

hummer4x4guy

I was under the assumption that the LED lack of amp draw should NOT be an issue because its electric vs. thermal blinker... meaning if its thermal the draw of electricty makes a bi-metalic "thingy" bend as it gets hot and thus you make or break your connection then it trips and goes the opposite way and thus ya get a blink.. If this is not right..someone correct me.
I DID put lil LED in place of the bulb itself (screw in) they were crap tho. I still blinked and had no issues...
Jol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks