• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV headers

dam88

Quick Question:

I see what looks like better flowing exhaust manifolds on the engines(ex-HMMWV) at GL. I'm guessing these are more free flowing than the exhaust logs on my M1028.

Has anybody swapped these into a CUCV? Anybody got any dyno info on these vs. the stock logs?

Thanks,

DAM

Attachments

CCATLETT1984

They do not fit at all. the passenger side one will try to exit right where the framerail is. They are not a good header design, and fyi diesels dont really benefit from headers. You'd be best off to just run a 3" dual exhaust or put a turbo on the truck.

Bozor1000

Re: RE: HMMWV headers

CCATLETT1984 said:
They do not fit at all. the passenger side one will try to exit right where the framerail is. They are not a good header design, and fyi diesels dont really benefit from headers. You'd be best off to just run a 3" dual exhaust or put a turbo on the truck.
That's true. The only way you can benefit from a diesel is to turbo it or run the 3" dual exhaust.

BKinzey

I had a set of those. Worst quality headers I've ever seen. Ugly welds and shocking to look inside them. Looks like the individual pipes were cut with a hacksaw and jammed into the collector (? Main body?). Really rough work.

As mentioned they only work on Hummers.

Falco

Yes...I think so too...but they cost only 78 €...:wink:

....We can`t mess these Headers like H P Parts from a Supra or Corvette ....