• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV headlight trim rings got stolen

Ray70

So the other day a friend of mine finally got his EUC cleared to pick up his HMMWV in PA. Its been months since he bought it and of course someone pilfered his headlights and retaining rings before his EUC cleared.
So, I don't see any rings in the classifieds and was wondering if anyone here on SS can tell me where I can get them or if anyone knows what other trucks might have the same rings?
I see FuzzyToaster has the bulbs, so I'll go that route, just need to locate some rings.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The rings are a milspec part that fits dozens of vehicles. M151 1/4 tons, 939 series 5 tons, MRAPs, are vehicles that are frequently parted out that are a source for you.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So the other day a friend of mine finally got his EUC cleared to pick up his HMMWV in PA. Its been months since he bought it and of course someone pilfered his headlights and retaining rings before his EUC cleared.
So, I don't see any rings in the classifieds and was wondering if anyone here on SS can tell me where I can get them or if anyone knows what other trucks might have the same rings?
I see FuzzyToaster has the bulbs, so I'll go that route, just need to locate some rings.
I have lots of them,
PM me.

Mjvaden

I would be surprised if GP would not make that right and send you a set. Especially if they were in the photos from the auction. Did you call them?

there are lots of those on the popular auction site that I think I am not supposed to say their name.

Mjvaden

GL and GP are two totally different animals. GL does not give a crap if you ever buy from them again they have HORRABLE management and customer service. GP has been a pleasure to work with and I have bought about 10 trucks from them now. They had a few hiccups but always made it right.

I had a wrecker yard guy damage one of my hmmwv tailgates while loading. Called GP got a new tailgate with in an hour.
Try calling the GP guy you had to call to pick the truck up and I will bet he makes it right for you.

Ray70

My friend called them and he says GP is going to refund him $200 for the damage. He was able to get the bulbs and a ring from somewhere, so that problem is solved. Thanks everyone!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks