• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Headlights Surge

jmackdean

Anyone ever had an issue with the headlights surging when turned on? It appears that shortly after startup and until the vehicle gets up to speed the lights on dim or bright surge or almost flash. They do not go off, but dim to a low dim or bright to a low bright.

Sintorion

Mine does the exact same thing. Freaked me out the first time I drove at night. I thought I was going to have to get it towed.

Wire Fox

Anyone ever had an issue with the headlights surging when turned on? It appears that shortly after startup and until the vehicle gets up to speed the lights on dim or bright surge or almost flash. They do not go off, but dim to a low dim or bright to a low bright.
There are a lot of threads about this and it may even be mentioned in a sticky...this is the glowplugs cycling after the engine has been started. It's part of the design of several of the PCB/EESS starting control box systems and it's normal for this to occur with those units for 30-120 seconds after startup. If this annoys you, upgrade to the newest "S3" control box and its matching temperature sending unit (TSU). Greater reliability and longer glowplug life also come with this box, but this unit isn't cheap. Expect to spend around $550 on one unless you catch a beautiful deal at the right time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks