• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Headliner thickness & Hardness

Crauly

I'm trying to find a good solution for the headliner on a turret equipped HMMWV. Wondering if others have used a high density foam for the liner? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
:beer:

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 1" Armaflex is what I have in my 1045 but finding the right adhesive to hold up to the heat from the sun has been a challenge.

papakb

Talk to the people over at DB Engineering at 1-800-666-6473 or visit their website. Wondeful people to work with. When I was redoing the headlining in my M996A1 ambulance they took my drawings and cut them for me in 1" adhesive backed acoustic foam.

papakb

Like I said in my posting, I sent them the dimensional drawings that I had and they sent me back finished, ready to install headliners with adhesive backings that all I needed to do was remove the cover paper and stick them in place.

These guys are the original supplier and should have all the drawings to match your vehicle.

I'll jump in here. I reached out to DB Engineering for my slant back, and had a wonderful man call me almost immediately. I asked if they could cut the material if I supplied a drawing or template, was told no. "We will not be able to cut your job.....way too busy in production. Most of our jobs are 100+ parts." His voicemail basically told me to take a piece of cardboard, trace it and cut it out myself. I'm continuing to look for other options.

I was told by several people about another gentleman that sells turrets. He just recently mentioned that he has headliner material cut to the correct shape and size, so I will likely pursue that route. Just a 2022 update. Once I have feedback on the new headliner option, I'll update here.

87cr250r

Look for a silicone based adhesive for heat tolerance.

I don't have experience with the product but maybe this is an option?

Silicone Adhesives, 3/4" Wide, 60 Yard Long, 0.002" Thick

Autonomy_Lost

FYI, Mac Motors has OEM headlinders in stock. They are a little pricey (I was quoted somewhere between 350-400 for the 4 pieces that go around the turret hole) but it will be the right thing and you wont have to cut anything yourself or mess around with templates.

Also, the front passenger headliner is a 2 piece part (and is also more expensive than the rest). It's a combination of thick foam and thin foam glued together. I believe the idea is to have thin foam around where the passengers head is, because the front passenger seat is slightly higher than the others since its sitting on the battery compartment.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks