• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hmmwv LED light question????

bigfishtoys

Ok I got the little led bulb for the turn signal and every thing functions properly now. The little led bulbs came from superbrightleds.com and was about $3. I replaced the gauge lights with the same led bulb as well. The bulb was a ba9s-x4.
Glad I got it figured out. Ended up a $3 fix instead of a $200 plus flasher unit fix.
I enjoy working with people who know what they're talking about. Thanks for all your helpful responses! Now i understand these previous posts talking about using these little bulbs. I've decided to try this bulb that Mjvaden used to solve what sounds to be the exact same issue as i'm having. I'm ordering these from superbrightleds.com: BA9S-W4-32-28VAC: BA9s LED Bulb - 4 LED - BA9s Retrofit - Cool White 32 Degree 28V
I didn't see a 24v option, so i'm assuming 28v option is a suitable alternative. I called them, and they said the 28v should work as well. Here's the website link for this bulb in case anyone else needs it. Bulbs are $1.98 each. Shipping for up to 18 is $3.32 - not bad. Now i just need to figure out how many bulbs i'll need to cover my blinker arm, and all other dash lights. If i'm doing one, i might as well do them all.
https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...a9s-led-bulb-4-led-ba9s-retrofit-lan/2538/49/
BA9S-W4-32-28VAC: BA9s LED Bulb - 4 LED - BA9s Retrofit - Cool White 32 Degree 28VBA9S-W4-32-28VAC: BA9s LED Bulb - 4 LED - BA9s Retrofit - Cool White 32 Degree 28V

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
28vdc is fine as the system is around 27.5 vdc when running.

davykeith

I'd like to chime in here. I bought the LED flasher control unit from Erik's military. Worked fine with some LED bulbs I bought off ebay. They were super crazy bright. Got stuck in traffic and left blinker was on for about 10 min's. Both flasher bulbs, right and left burned out, one exploded, and the flasher control unit is toast as well. Going into round two and planning on putting better bulbs. Just be careful about the bulbs you put in as evidently these caused the failure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks