• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV m1097 diy hard top

mountainman68

So I just bought a 2012 m1097 with a soft top, I decided against spending a crap pot full of cash on an aluminum or fiberglass top and figured I could build it myself cheaper.

I started out with 16g cold rolled sheet metal and made a few cardboard templates and got to work. The majority of cuts are made with a harbor freight electric shear and cut off wheel. The bends for the windshield and b pillar were done by hand.
As I continue through the project I will update with pictures and photos.

currently into the top $428.00 not including a day of labor.

Nice, I've consider making my own hard top out of wood and fiberglass. Do you think the steel is thick enough to not move around from the wind?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks