• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hmmwv m1123

BadRobot

I recently noticed that most of M1123 come without tailgate, windshield glass and with RED DOT A/C but disassemble. Is it part of demilitarizes?

Where you find a tailgate and windshield glass?

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have two mint m998 tailgates-- don't know if there are any difference between the m1123 and m998 though........ pm me for details.......

Z

Wire Fox

I think that most of the M1123s had some form of shelter in the back of them, which is why they're lacking a lot of common parts. The Red dot would have been mounted onto the shelter body or an armor panel that's since been removed. As well, that windshield glass probably was armored glass, therefore removed. I've seen replacement glass on Kascar, Hummerpartsguy, and the fleabay. I think your best deal will be to try and contact one of the scrapyards and see if they can let some go cheaply.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The tailgate has an armored plate on the inside. Probably faster to unbolt hinge than all the fasteners for armor plate holding it in place.

I have a good used tailgate and chains. Pm if interested.

MaverickH1

In my case, there were tailgate holes missing for the chain brackets, so I think mine never had a tailgate.

There are many more missing parts than just those depending on which final configuration you're after. Check out my build thread in my signature, everything (I think) is in there.

BadRobot

I don't think GP mentions anything about Clean SF97 or GA title on the auction listings. Will they still street legal? I will call GP tomorrow to find out.

tomcata3

I bought one from them and they said i could get an sf 97, I told them PA does not except them. They said I could get a Montana title for $160
I said ok, the next day I was talking to a buddy and he said it would be an off road title. I called Gov Planet back and they said yes it would be.
I said in the item description it does not say for off road use only, they said that is the way the title comes and its up to your local state to change
the title over to an on road title.
This is BS that is not how it was suppose to be!

MaverickH1

The wording of "Clean SF97" is no longer in the M1123 ads that I see.

The only hint that it would be a "clean" SF97 would be the absence of any "Off Road Use Only" verbiage in the Notices and Restrictions portion of the auction.

BadRobot

I bought one from them and they said i could get an sf 97, I told them PA does not except them. They said I could get a Montana title for $160
I said ok, the next day I was talking to a buddy and he said it would be an off road title. I called Gov Planet back and they said yes it would be.
I said in the item description it does not say for off road use only, they said that is the way the title comes and its up to your local state to change
If you have a farm, you can you it. However, it would be cheaper to buy M998 instead of M1123.

Who would spend that kind of money and cannot use it? I feel your pain. At least I got mine earlier. Please update us how it play out.

Good luck on your title / registration.

Best of lucks.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i know nothing about your states laws, but I'm not sure why your DMV would not take the SF97 with the reassignment form. Have you checked with other mil truck owners on this site from your state about that?...just curious.
I have to assume many folks from your state have purchased vehicles from GL, GP or GSA that came with an SF97.

MaverickH1

Personally, I wish GovPlanet would still give the option for the GA titles. The reason I was given was that it was too expensive to do them. I'll estimate that it is ~5% of the auction price.

As long as it is relatively easy to get consistently, I think they should offer the title at a 5% surcharge or something like that.

The next question becomes timing. My EUC took from 8/22 to 11/4 to be approved. The title work didn't start until 11/4. I'm still waiting on the title today. If the title is in IronPlanet's "name" and they simply sign it over to me upon receipt, there would be no reason in my mind why they couldn't get the title as soon as the money is transferred directly after the auction and before EUC paperwork goes out. Worst case, the buyer fails the EUC and in such a case the 5% titling charge would not be refunded.

I don't know, I just think they could increase their sales if they offered it as an option. Even if it was an expensive option. For reference, for me to buy an M998 in VA that was in decent shape it would have cost me $15,000 easily. These M1123 trucks which are MUCH better as far as hardware in my opinion are currently on the site stripped for $16,500. They are well worth the extra coin, even for just the additional gear in the transmission.

Hopefully my debacle is coming to an end sometime soon. Christmas break didn't help the timing, for sure.

tomcata3

I have 2 sf 97 right now for trailers with the reassignment form and they refuse to take it, they say i need a title.
The reason is it doesn't say my name on the sf 97, when gov liquidation was doing it my name was on the back and I never had a problem

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GP can't get titles till the SF97 is genrerated, that only happens after EUC clears, GP submits the SF97 to DMV to get the titles.....this has nothing to do with GP, it has everything to do with how DLA does business.
Its really out of GP's hands...they are at the Mercy of DMV just like you and I.
right now I have 3 trucks that have been at my DMV for over 2 months, holidays definitely have not helped.
the DMV employees are for the most part, very lazy, worst yet is the fact that they want to cite regulation that they can't actually produce and show on paper, the woman said to me "I'm pretty sure you can't do that, I heard you can't"
when pressed for documentation she just hurried me off the phone nad started making excuses, told me to call back in
a few more weeks or wait for a letter in the mail....I thought the military was bad.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have 2 sf 97 right now for trailers with the reassignment form and they refuse to take it, they say i need a title.
The reason is it doesn't say my name on the sf 97, when gov liquidation was doing it my name was on the back and I never had a problem
Maybe I'm losing it, but I don't think I've ever had an SF-97 with my name on it, that's what the reassignment form is for.
the SF97's I've always had, even from GL show going from DLA to GSA,GL or GP.

MaverickH1

GP can't get titles till the SF97 is genrerated, that only happens after EUC clears, GP submits the SF97 to DMV to get the titles.....this has nothing to do with GP, it has everything to do with how DLA does business.
Its really out of GP's hands...they are at the Mercy of DMV just like you and I.
right now I have 3 trucks that have been at my DMV for over 2 months, holidays definitely have not helped.
the DMV employees are for the most part, very lazy, worst yet is the fact that they want to cite regulation that they can't actually produce and show on paper, the woman said to me "I'm pretty sure you can't do that, I heard you can't"
when pressed for documentation she just hurried me off the phone nad started making excuses, told me to call back in
a few more weeks or wait for a letter in the mail....I thought the military was bad.
Yeah, I have to readily admit that I don't know anything about the process. In MY process, we kicked around the idea of trying to use an SF97 and reassignment letter, and I was sent an electronic version of the SF97 for my vehicle so I could ask the DMV if it would work. They answered with a standard "we can't do anything unless we see the actual document". Which is ridiculous since it was an electronic copy. If I brought you THIS PIECE OF PAPER, COULD YOU GIVE ME A TITLE? "I can't say unless I'm holding this piece of paper." lol.

In any case, the electronic SF97 for my vehicle was signed in mid-June for a vehicle I purchased in August and cleared EUC in November.

It's my understanding that the USMC trucks are not part of the DLA, and that's why these M1123s are not sold with the "Off Road Use Only" restriction.

Last edited:

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Still don't have my GA title almost two months after delivery. I know its in process and I'm being patient.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AFAIC, ANY govt vehicle Being auctioned or sold "MUST" have an SF97 issued by the selling agency.
never heard of an electronic copy, those are NEVER acceptable at DMV's.
An SF97 is "United states Govt certificate to obtain title to a Vehicle" that's what's printed on the top of the form.
While I could be wrong...every state must have some sort of mechanism built in for such a form, I say this because the form has been around forever and it's not just for HMMWV's. Unfortunately DMV personnel when confronted with a question they can't answer default to "NO".

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Personally, I wish GovPlanet would still give the option for the GA titles. The reason I was given was that it was too expensive to do them. I'll estimate that it is ~5% of the auction price.

As long as it is relatively easy to get consistently, I think they should offer the title at a 5% surcharge or something like that.

The next question becomes timing. My EUC took from 8/22 to 11/4 to be approved. The title work didn't start until 11/4. I'm still waiting on the title today. If the title is in IronPlanet's "name" and they simply sign it over to me upon receipt, there would be no reason in my mind why they couldn't get the title as soon as the money is transferred directly after the auction and before EUC paperwork goes out. Worst case, the buyer fails the EUC and in such a case the 5% titling charge would not be refunded.

I don't know, I just think they could increase their sales if they offered it as an option. Even if it was an expensive option. For reference, for me to buy an M998 in VA that was in decent shape it would have cost me $15,000 easily. These M1123 trucks which are MUCH better as far as hardware in my opinion are currently on the site stripped for $16,500. They are well worth the extra coin, even for just the additional gear in the transmission.

Hopefully my debacle is coming to an end sometime soon. Christmas break didn't help the timing, for sure.
They already have a 10% buyers premium and the more they raise that (even for a title) the end sale prices will go down .
GP/Iron Planet has been in the auction game a long time and knows how to get top dollar .

MaverickH1

They already have a 10% buyers premium and the more they raise that (even for a title) the end sale prices will go down .
GP/Iron Planet has been in the auction game a long time and knows how to get top dollar .
I'm talking specifically about people in the 13 states that cannot use the SF97 and need a title that doesn't say "Off Road Use Only" on the M1123s that don't have that restriction. I think it would be good to allow them to have the option to pay even more if they wanted to, not to raise the price on everyone else.

Edited to add: In my case, in my state, I had the option of buying a well used 3 speed, 6.5 with early steering/suspension components titled from another state for about $18k or an M1123 for $22k directly from GovPlanet. Those were my only options. If GovPlanet did not offer a GA title to me, they would have been removed from my options completely. I cannot get it. Those trucks are now selling for $16,500 in similar conditions it looks like.

I absolutely would have spent the ADDITIONAL 5% premium on a $16,500 truck to get a clear title. No doubt about it. The only other option for me would have been paying a 150% markup on a truck from a flipper who bought from GovPlanet.

Giving options to customers does not decrease your sales. Not offering a GA title potentially just reduces your demand. Ultimately it's whatever they want to do, GovPlanet is the expert on this. I'm putting this out there hoping that it helps them make more money on these things and helps them sell more of them.

Last edited:

MaverickH1

AFAIC, ANY govt vehicle Being auctioned or sold "MUST" have an SF97 issued by the selling agency.
never heard of an electronic copy, those are NEVER acceptable at DMV's.
An SF97 is "United states Govt certificate to obtain title to a Vehicle" that's what's printed on the top of the form.
While I could be wrong...every state must have some sort of mechanism built in for such a form, I say this because the form has been around forever and it's not just for HMMWV's. Unfortunately DMV personnel when confronted with a question they can't answer default to "NO".
I didn't mean that I expected the DMV to hand me a title that day with the electronic SF97. I wanted them to look at the electronic copy and just say "yes if I receive that official paper form and it looks just like that and has no surprises, we could give you a title with that reassignment letter you also showed, but we cannot accept the electronic forms".

If they had said yes to the electronic ones, I would have gotten the paper ones within a week instead of waiting for a title for 2 months.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks