• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Mods and Improvements

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone interested in a thread with pictures of mods and improvements that they have made on their trucks? Someone may see something that they like and be able to contact that individual about getting info and fabricating it for their truck. I've had guys ask about a couple that I did and am always looking for other projects too.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Absolutely. Maybe even it’s own vehicle specific section under restoration and paint forum.

MattNC

Since the picture also captures the XM381 12V trailer wire adapter and the aftermarket hitch I added I can comment on those as well. I've loved the XM381 setup. I have no affiliation with them, paid for it, and don't know anyone there but it was a quality unit with great instructions and I'm very happy with it. The hitch was the older version federal military parts offered. They have since changed it around a bit to make mounting the pintel back in easier and to add a license plate holder. Overall it was very beefy. They claim it (not the humvee) can handle 10,000lb and I believe it as it and the supports are 1/2" plate. The finish was OK and the mounting required 4 arms and ten thumbs plus a pry bar but once on there I have been very happy. Again no affiliation there.

osteo16

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Been waiting for a "MODS" section. Nice to be able to look at others work and maybe get some own ideas about projects. Thanks for getting this going....

Ocho

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are a few mods and projects that I have done to my M1045A2. I have been asked details about them in various other threads hence the reason for this one. Anyone interested in anything I've done feel free to contact me. My phone number is in my sig line.

My custom made tire carrier using a well known brand pictures as a "pattern". Works great and cost around $200.

20190915_181907.jpg
20190915_181634.jpg
20190915_181629.jpg

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A couple of more improvements I forgot to mention. 3/4 inch rubber mat to cut down on heat and noise. I bought it at Tractor supply; horse stall mat.

20200502_122559.jpg

20200502_122642.jpg

Interior LED dome light with adjustable brightness. It's turned on and off with the installed door switches.

20200502_123006.jpg

20200502_123032.jpg

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are a few mods and projects that I have done to my M1045A2. I have been asked details about them in various other threads hence the reason for this one. Anyone interested in anything I've done feel free to contact me. My phone number is in my sig line.

My custom made tire carrier using a well known brand pictures as a "pattern". Works great and cost around $200.

View attachment 798276
View attachment 798277
View attachment 798278
So you used a trailer axle spindle and bearings for the pivot?

Gamble

View attachment 798276
View attachment 798277
View attachment 798278

What did you do for the antenna hole in the Sponson? It looks completely covered but cant tell from the picture.

Also, does your truck have a body lift or a suspension lift at all?

It looks great.

Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks