• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV movie sightings.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
my rental fee is my shop rate x8, so $1k per day, after 8hrs it’s still shop per hour…I charge door step to door step….
No one drives the truck but me or if required by union rules that a stunt driver “SAG” has to drive it, I’m in the truck…so it’s gener off to
wardrobe dept to get suited up.
my son is on the Tug towing a Torpedo in the movie “XXX State of the Union“, I was in the back of the hmmwv out of view.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 2023 movie The Covenant featured the lead HMMWV in this scene, and several others appear in the background. How do I know this is NOT one of Steven's? In one scene they pan across the dash and there's one of those keyed ignition switches.

1708740968644.png
1708741821357.png
1708741995217.png

Helmet hart top and soft doors:

1708742102324.png

Last edited:

jack/ny

I’m a member of the MTA of North Jersey. We do a lot of Military truck rentals for television and movie production in the New York area. Going rate for a standard Humvee is 2000 a day and a LMTV is probably around 2000 - 2400 a day. That includes a driver being there. I definitely agree with what AAVP7 said. 500 a day won’t get me out of bed.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’m a member of the MTA of North Jersey. We do a lot of Military truck rentals for television and movie production in the New York area. Going rate for a standard Humvee is 2000 a day and a LMTV is probably around 2000 - 2400 a day. That includes a driver being there. I definitely agree with what AAVP7 said. 500 a day won’t get me out of bed.
OK, for the people that keep their HMMWVs looking like HMMWVs, how do you hear about the need for one by a movie?

98Non-Turbo

Sorry, but if someone is going to destroy my HMMWV, it's going to be me ...

And don't forget the opening scenes in Ironman.

1998 M1123 no turbo, Harriman, Tennessee

jack/ny

Sorry, but if someone is going to destroy my HMMWV, it's going to be me ...

And don't forget the opening scenes in Ironman.

1998 M1123 no turbo, Harriman, Tennessee
I might have been a little harsh with my comment, wouldn’t get out of bed for $500 yesterday. When you take into account driving to the shooting location like Long Island or Queens would be a 2+ hour drive and it’s good to be there at least a half hour early, then you have tolls George Washington Bridge and Whitestone Bridge along with fuel. Now take all that and add it to a 12-14 hour day of shooting. How does that $500 sound now. I recently retired from the film industry, 34+ years as a union grip. It’s a cut throat industry that I wouldn’t recommend to anyone. For those that are interested in renting their Military Trucks out do a Google search for Picture car companies. Most of them will have a database where you can put your pictures onto. Good luck, and may you have a good experience.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Movie sighting please.

We can start a separate thread for movie rentals.

Thanks.

:derailed:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks