• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hmmwv questions

clydizzel

I am considering buying one for a work truck And i am curious how heavily these are built? I want to pull trailers/grain wagons with it and push snow possibly. Are these built as stout as say an f250 or 350? i have seen the weight ratings but i also know how light the military rates things. Just looking for opinions from people with more experience than me. Thanks in advance.

Al Harvey

Blackmagic is right, it won't be a tow monster. Your F250 and F350 would probably be better all the way around. Also don't forget that if you buy one that's being auctioned off on govplanet, they are for offroad use only and no SF97 or titles. Good luck with your search.

FloridaAKM

The LMTV would be a better choice as you can title it & drive it on the roads, the HMMWV is not designed for heavy loads & the current ones have no possiblity of a legal title or using on the road. Good luck with your search.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks