• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV questions

2mas-

Hi,

Some different questions about HMMWVS

What HMMWV models have the 12K setup as default? What models have the turbo engine as default? What models have 4l80e transmission as default? Does the newer HMMWVs have ABS brakes?

Thank you

Wire Fox

It looks like it's the M1151, M1152, M1165, and M1167 that would be turbo from the get-go. I'm not sure on the 12K...but I think that's everything that's an A2 series. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Same for the 4L80E: it's everything A2 series and up, plus some of the earlier "heavy" variants that were used as the basis for the A2 series. As for ABS, I'm confident that no HMMWVs have ABS installed. The brake upgrades on the HMMWV throughout the years was first changing the the driveshaft parking brake to be on the rear calipers instead. Later in the ECV HMMWVs, they then upgrade the brakes to Wilwood calipers, which I understand are larger and required special access panels to be installed in order to service the calipers.

MaverickH1

ABS was a huge pain in the ass to develop on the Hummer H1. It required quite a few changes to meet the FMVSS beginning in model year 1999. They sold it as a benefit with TorqTrac 4 labels, an electric traction control. Brake throttle modulation was no longer possible to the extent it could have been previously used.

The HMMWV never had it.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks