• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV recovery- Co Springs, CO

Maverick1701

Im going to be recovering a HMMWV from colorado springs, CO on monday 3/26/12 with my Sheriff.

Right now the plan is to leave about midnight sunday night, drive all night and get to the DLA when they open monday morning.
This is our 2nd HMMWV recovery for my SO. We are going to bring the obvious things....tools, fluids, manual, etc.

Our route is going to take us like this:
Amarillo, Dumas, raton pass, Trinidad, pueblo, colorado springs

If anyone along the route would be available if SHTF or wants to grab lunch or something, shoot me a PM.

Attachments

Lothar

I am about 45 mins from the Springs. And, I will be in my garage all day. If you find yourself in need and I may be able to help out, call me up. I will pm my number.

hughscpa

Well, how did the recovery go? No problems I hope. We are still having some issues with the M1113 we got. I think the voltage regulator is draining our front battery. I may have a new one if I can exchange the one from one of our others. It has a 100 amp generator and the M1113 has a 200 amp. Is there a difference in regulators? I am having a problem with it drawing on the 12 volt side.

Maverick1701

made it back w/no problems. We actually found another HMMWV on location and requested it while on base.
By the end of the day we ended up with two HMMWVs. Both hard top (with cargo boxes). One with two doors (soft) and the other with 4 hard doors.

Ill post some pictures tomorrow. The pictures I have on my cell aren't that great.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks