• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Reverse lights

TurboR1

I didn't like the round factory style reverse light on the bumper and most lights looked cheesy so I used the blackout light location for driver familiarity and to maintain the military look. While searching I didn't see anyone else with this setup so I figured I'd share. I also added a fog light below like some of the guys I saw on here.

The blackout light has a bulb socket that is the same as the turn signals. Then the the blackout cover lens needs to removed the the main tail light lens cover.

Attachments

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
First you need to add the reverse switch and get power to it. Lot of the time people will buy a kit (with bracket and switch for the 4L80 or just hte switch for the 3-speed). You split power up at the horn, run it back to the switch, then back to the lights (I went along the main wire harness to the bad with my stuff).

Then I assume for this mod they modified the blackout light lense, and just removed the blackout light power and replaced it with the power from the backup switch.

(You go from the horn because the power is switched the same as it is for the rest of the lighting...)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks