• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Scissors Jack Dimensions

captcarc

Does anyone know if the HMMWV Scissors Jack will fit under the back seat, either raised or collapsed? Or overall length dimensions, raised and collapsed will help as well. Thank you!

badgerd

Electronic Jedi
The one that came with mine was in a bag with all the tools. Fits easy in the box under the drivers side rear seat.
That's the early one, I thought it'd fit. The mount is for the "3.5 ton" jack that was made much later. That absolutely won't fit under the seat... I'd like mine to fit there too, now it rides on the floor behind the driver when I'm out, just in case.

I wondered why my jack looked different. My Hmmwv came with two complete jack sets and two sets of tire chains. The jack sets also contained two clevises and two steel pins with a d-ring at the top.

Wire Fox

I have that newer style jack in mine, in a fitted bag with tools, sitting on the floor in front of the driver-side rear seat. Since mine's a two-door with cargo access panels on the side, this works very well for me. But I totally see the trouble you'd have with a 4-door, seeing as how you need that floor space for feet!

Chief B

When I purchased mine it did not have a jack at all so I opted for a High Lift jack that I mounted on the bed divider wall then I keep a jack stand under the back seat so that I can safely work on the HMMWV as I don't get under the vehicle utilizing this type of jack.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks