• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV seats in a CUCV?

combat jump

Has anyone replaced their bench seat with those HMMWV seats that are for sale (both on SS and eBay)?

My bench seat is ripped to shreds, probably like most, and the HMMWV bucket seats look pretty good. I'd like to know about fitment, fabrication required, and if the drivers seat (with the extra pedestal adjustment) sits higher than the fixed passenger seat.

combat jump

I have heard that the HMMWV seats are very very uncomfortable.
Not so. First generation HMMWV, were just a thin canvas covered pad on metal, but that was the 1980's - these are the new style.

But I'm not asking for opinions of comfort; rather fitment. I'd like to know if anyone has actually installed a set into their M1008/M1028.

What has to be cut/drilled/fabbed? How did it turn out?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thought about it. One would most likely have to fab a frame that spans the cab then mount the seats to that. Thinking 3 in my Oh-8, or 2 and a jump seat.

machinist75

The seats are flat on the bottom with four 5/16 bolts protruding from the bottom, that's the one without the base. The one with the base is flat also with four mounting holes. The base measures 17" long and 11" wide. If the floor of the pickup is flat shouldn't be a problem. If you need some let me know and I will set you up with some at a real good price.

fal_shooter

I have been trying to get an answer to this question for over a year. No luck so far. I have an M1008 that I would like to put buckets into but no one seems to have done it or doesn't know what seats will fit. If I ever find the answer to what buckets will fit in a CUCV M1008 I will let you know. I think the HMMWV would be great but I'm not a mechanic so I would need step by step instructions from someone that has done it. When I will find what will work and how it will work I will spend money.

richingalveston

look for suburban buckets, the ones I removed to put in my 1009 had individual rails for each seat I took the seats off the rails and put them on my 1009 bases. I sold the rails with the old 1009 seats to someone who was going to put them into a 1008 but have not heard how well they worked. The front floor of the suburban is almost the same as a 1008