• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hmmwv serial # location ?

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Does anyone know if hmmwvs have serial #s located on the frame?Where else are the serial #s located?I know they #s on the body.Thanks,John

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure where you can find a serial on the frame, but an often overlooked spot for a registration number Army HMMWVs is on the body pillar just inside and forward of the drivers door. Its vertical on the pillar, and sometimes covered by paint, but usually easy to see as the letters and numbers are raised. It's been on every one of the dozens and dozens of Uncles HMMWVs I've owned over my career. Hope this helps.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have never seen any numbers stamped in the frame, only on the usual spot on the body on the driver's side hood ledge.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of my Humvee's has the normal numbers on the B pillar area, and an additional Rebuild tag with same serial number on the inside of the R/H A pillar
cover panel.....it was painted over, but over spray came off easy.

Last edited:

DSO_351

On the right front hogring, early models had a semi trailer stamped steel tag dangling from the loop. It had three manufacturer letters followed by the serial number. On the end of the tag a ball was formed. These tags withered away.