• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Serpentine Belt

1ragingrhino

I’m a new owner to a M1123. As part of my rebuild effort, I’ve removed the Red Dot A/C components including the compressor. The serpentine belt is now to long and I need a smaller belt. Does anyone know which belt I now require? I don’t know the year of my rig but the serial # 196013.

Attachments

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can sell that red dot ac on classifieds or eBay and earn a few big dollars

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Part numbers should be in the TM for that. I believe there may be an idler pulley that goes in that spot without the AC compressor there.

Here is a long to the technical manuals section with all the TMs for the HMMWV.

the ones with -24 at the end are the parts manuals. the UOC (use on code) for the M1123 is NNN, so only parts with that UOC are applicable to the HMMWV. Then you are looking at the A2 version and serial number before 196900 for specific parts.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I mean, we could give you a part number or two, but it's better to learn how to use the manuals for yourself. It also helps looking through the diagrams to understand how the parts actually go together, and whether there might be anything else you need.

Action

Part numbers should be in the TM for that. I believe there may be an idler pulley that goes in that spot without the AC compressor there.

Here is a long to the technical manuals section with all the TMs for the HMMWV.

the ones with -24 at the end are the parts manuals. the UOC (use on code) for the M1123 is NNN, so only parts with that UOC are applicable to the HMMWV. Then you are looking at the A2 version and serial number before 196900 for specific parts.

Someone should change the description of this TM...

TB 9-2320-335-13&P.pdf
TB 9-2320-335-13&P Parts/Tools for the ECV HMMWV
That is the supplement for the REV, not the ECV. They are not the same truck.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’m a new owner to a M1123. As part of my rebuild effort, I’ve removed the Red Dot A/C components including the compressor. The serpentine belt is now to long and I need a smaller belt. Does anyone know which belt I now require? I don’t know the year of my rig but the serial # 196013.
you will need to replace that grooved pulley with the proper smooth idler, it’s added as part of the A/C install, you will also need to reposition the tensioner to the original OEM position on the mount, the alignment hole is present.
You have the early serpentine setup, that would require belt part number
12469149-1 / 01-466-9476
BELT, SERPENTINE (HMMWV 196900 BELOW) [98 IN]

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Holy cow, you are like I am in TEXAS and you want to remove the AC????