• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Shelter Picked up at MacDill

Green_gator

Well I went yesterday to pick up the HMMWV shelter that I bought on GL last week. Found out a couple of things rather quickly. First, this one was part of a small initial group custom built for the JCSE, Joint Communications Security Element, which is the commo group for Centcom back when they first got HMMWVs. Second it is too large and heavy to fit a 1 ton trailer so I put in on my 103 generator trailer. Finally and most importantly, do NOT go onto a military base just prior to Air Force One landing with the President and Vice President as security took forever and when they lock down parts of the road you can just sit in your vehicle and wait for a fairly long period. This will either stay on this trailer or I will modify a M353 to pull it behind the deuce. This is going to be the permanent storage for all of my camping gear used with scouts and when I camp on my own. Has some small damage where it was run into something on the front but is very fixable. Will have to paint the trailer sand now to match the box. Lights inside and in the outer boxes pull out shelves on the rear outer boxes.

Green_gator

Hmmm, the pictures did not post will try this again. Trying to decide if I am going to cut the fenders off of the generator trailer, pull the body off and drop it on the frame or build up the frame height on a 353 and mount it on that. I do like having the back porch on this thing.

Attachments

SixSpeed

Banned

jackingjerry

I believe he is near the Westchase area.

Check out the Florida Member Database here:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/conversations/36280-florida-member-database-map.html

BTW: I love H1's, I think everyone does. Do you go wheelin' ever? Would love to see you out on the trails!
Never taken it wheelin' yet, just picked it up from GA about 6 mths ago and really dont know of any good spots to go. Im hoping to one day pick up a decent m998 or a nice slantback if I find enough money.

Green_gator

I am out in the Westchase Tampa Bay Downs area. Keep my gear in a warehouse by the Veterans Expressway.

Jack,
When are you planning on heading over to the rally?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks