• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Side Marker Blinker System!

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Europe takes their automotive laws seriously. By all means, sell your stuff. Just don’t misrepresent it. Europeans can get in serious trouble. Motor laws and enforcement there are…. different.

If he says it’s illegal, then you need to respect that.

The first statement is correct for his requirement. "not really" possible with our design.

The description is accurate to satisfy his question about our product. Two modes of operations day or night.

Like I said, There are rules to everything. And here we have the fisherman and the expert trolls. Read the fine print below and decide for ones self.

It's his choice to buy or not. No one held a gun, no one twisted an arm. Plus a 30 day money back if it does not blink. Bail or judges fees not included.

Total respect to his country's laws... But if were me I would buy two or three.

Now if in Russia... Be careful what you pack for medicine. CAMO

OFF TOPIC.gif

JanR

Is it also possible to have the both blinkers to blink at the same time? (One side offcourse)
I would like to buy them, only in the Netherlands it is not allowed to blink like the current setup.
Since side markers are not required in Europe, but side blinkers are, you can just splice them into the blinker circuit. That's what I did.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I'm driving around at night, I'd rather the side marker be lit than it blink during a turn. At night the vehicle is a black hole - difficult to see if another driver wants to change lanes and looks quickly over their shoulder (which is significantly more than most drivers do). Both would be best, but I'd rather my cammo vehicle have a bright light marking the front of the vehicle.

Reactions: OBX

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
If I'm driving around at night, I'd rather the side marker be lit than it blink during a turn. At night the vehicle is a black hole - difficult to see if another driver wants to change lanes and looks quickly over their shoulder (which is significantly more than most drivers do). Both would be best, but I'd rather my cammo vehicle have a bright light marking the front of the vehicle.
Seems to be a bit of confusion. There are two mode of operation.

1. Military standard lighting switch first click clockwise position called STOP LIGHT. Typical day time on road legal, brake and turn signals function. Normally no markers. Module provides logic to the front side marker responding to a left or right turn / emerg.

2. Second click or SERvice DRIVE is where ALL the marker lights are on. Sort of like a "PARK" position. Here the front and rear "buckets" are continuous dim red in the back and dim amber in the front with normal side markers all sides.

In SERvice DRIVE is where the front side markers alternate for a turn / emerg mode. Front then side - front then side. It has to work that way as the side marker is already on. The module logic turns the side marker OFF to "blink" during the time of the turn. Also, SERvice DRIVE is likely position for driving at night with headlights on (your choice). Will always have a marker, front, rear, sides.

Day or night one will have a front side marker to signal your request of making a turn as seen from the 15 foot plus "BLACK HOLE" side of a HUMMWV.

Those that have experienced the "BLACK HOLE" HMMWV turning maneuvers in traffic or at a stop, understand this and have been excited for this simple BUT effective "plug and play" add on. NO cutting wires, NO hack. 20 minutes and done.

A Lexas as it, F150's have it, school busses and cement trucks. NOW you can too.

Be safe, Be seen is better than sorry, CAMO at Camoteksystem.com Call to order, Shipping from stock. Order now, install this week.

Military grade connections, quality components, Made in the USA.
Left and right modules. One price to your door $110

IMG_0755.jpg 1660599307488.jpeg

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I stopped using my turn signals in the 90’s! Once I figure out that they were connected to the gas pedal in the cars around me. I like to surprise them! I would like to do this Camo setup but bigger Fish to fry for now…

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks