• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV slapback hatch removal question.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trying to remove the hatch on the rear of my slant back and I can't seem to get the latches to open to remove it is there anything special?

Autonomy_Lost

There is a knob in the center of the latch that you have to rotate to unlock it.

Also, be extremely careful and have someone help you. My humvee almost killed me when I was messing with the rear hatch and it collapsed on my head.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I pulled on the latch and I've got the rear hatch supported by a forklift but it won't release the pins.

Autonomy_Lost

What is the status of the lower latches? Might wanna make sure those are latched while unlatching the top ones.

Full disclosure, I'm not sure the proper sequence of unlatching if you are planning to fully remove the hatch. In normal use you only unlatch the top or the bottom, not both.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The bottom is already unlatched. There is nothing that interconnects the two latches together. I'm going to try to spray them down with some lubricant.

Autonomy_Lost

The bottom is already unlatched. There is nothing that interconnects the two latches together. I'm going to try to spray them down with some lubricant.
Yeah I know they arent connected by any sort of linkage, but if the door is propped open by any substantial angle it might be tougher to open.

Are the gas shocks still installed?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks