• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Sliding Windows

Economist

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am about to take apart 3 of the windows on my X-doors. The TM's lay out a pretty straight forward process. I purchased new springs, but was wondering what else I may encounter that prevents the peg from engaging the hole in the door? Any experience on this one? Thanks.

-Economist.

Economist

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some of mine will not line up at this point and others pull out when the doors shut. Springs are my first step to try to fix it. Just don't want to get the window off and find that I need many more parts.

-Economist.

TedG

Loose rivets in the track (track to door skin) allow them to flex and drop the window down. Does your window have the bushings on the 4 studs to allow it to track up and down? Also, slamming the door to close because latch is out of alignment will cause this. Oh a worn peg will do the same. "Fingers Beware" should read the decal on the door lach cover!

Economist

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will check the rivets. I did have to do some door alignment when I first bought it. Most of the slamming comes from my kids now. They think they are in my GMC 2500HD and need to put some umph to it. Will post a photo ASAP. Just getting back from NY and Baltimore. Good to have some shop time to look forward to.

richark998

A little shortcut I take when removing the windows is to remove the sill first. It is held by 2 flathead screws in from the top and with those out it comes off pretty easy. Next, remove the bottom stops on the track and you will be able to slide the window down and out at the bottom. Of course no matter how careful you are, the little rollers will fall out and roll to the most inaccessable area of your shop. Make sure you have 4 per window when you go to put them back together and, as mentioned in previous posts, lubricate them.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks