• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV so quiet can have a normal conversation on the highway without yelling

sully199

I purchased this product its for the engine compartment for diesel boats, pulled off the rubber on the dog house and replaced it with this and attempted to put it around the engine compartment reduced the engine noise by 70%, can have a normal conversation without yelling in the truck now. I have dynamat in the rest of the vehicle, and will be adding this to the rest of the vehicle.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

kdaniels

Can I poke a little fun at you please..... The whole reason we have a MV is to remember how bad the comfort level is....yelling over a whistling deuce or gama goat...the pain in the back that a Humvee seat is or the fogging windshield of a M37 in the rain..it's all part of the MV experience. Please don't get too comfortable...it makes us soft. LOL

SEMPER FI !!

keith

dmetalmiki

In my 5ton M54A2I have similar material all over (the cab floor sides and roof) and under (the hood) and like the driving experience better. I can still hear the whistle and the engine noises (for problems). just a whole lot quieter.

sully199

I hear you on this, It has become my daily driver, about 50 miles a day, I guess I should not mention that I put an AC unit in it then kdaniels, I park it out from of my shop with the Marine Corps flag and US flag.

Last edited:

kdaniels

THANK YOU for your service !! and yes the AC is too comfy for us Devil Dogs....but on a serious note....I think your idea on the sound proof'n is good. Only wish I had it around those J79's in the 70's!

SEMPER FI !!

keith

fnpurist

I'd give you 10 thanks for that post Sully if I could ha. I can't wait to try this stuff out so I can hear myself think on the highway.

sully199

Yes, I purchased it at West Marine, it was $140 for a 4*4 section, plus this little hot blond gave me 10% off, she said she liked my tattoos and muscles. I am going to go back and purchase 3 more to finish the inside of the truck. Previously when I was driving it to work, I would just shut off my hearing aids, problem solved, but my sons like to ride in it. I took my wife to supper 2 weeks ago and she said it was the worst riding noisiest vehicle she has ever been in, lol. That's what I get for buying her a Mercedes

sully199

No not at all, a couple months ago I put dynamat On the hood and on the tunnel, it did not increase the temp then. I wrapped the exhaust and that seemed to cool off the engine, my hydrolic fan starts much later and less, than it did previously. With the new noise dampener it did not increase the temp.

Dock Rocker

I can't speak for a diesel but in my experience wrapping the headers in quite a few different hotrods over the years it always helped the engine run cooler. It cooled the engine compartment significantly and help get the hot gas out the back where it belongs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks