• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Starter on a 6.2L CUCV

sandcobra164

Title more or less say's it all. I searched but my primary computer crashed and I can't download anything on a chromebook. My starter is busted up due to the inboard motor bolt snapping. Now the starter is off the truck, we removed the bad bolt but the solenoid is broken away from the nose cone. It's still attached somewhat but the aluminum is busted away. Will a HMMWV Starter work, 6.2 should work but what about 6.5'? I'm not ready to go 12 volt as I still have a Deuce that needs to be slaved off from time to time. I've not counted the teeth on the pinion gear but willing to buy a 12 volt one and change the nose cone and keep the solenoid and the motor on mine if that would work. The HMMWV starter would be cheaper for me but I don't know much about GM Diesel's.

sandcobra164

The forward bracket that is held to the block by a 13mm headed bolt and fastened to the starter by the upper long bolt is there. I've heard horror stories about that bracket being missing and starters tearing corners of blocks off. This is my NOS USMC M1028. It's only got about 6,400 miles on it and it's not been tampered with, save for a CD Player install.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks