• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Title Discussions

camosoul

Banned
I almost broke a rule without knowing it. I might suggest to mods to move the warning against discussing HMMWV Titles here... I'm a noob and didn't realize it, because it's not here in the rules for noobs thread...

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is in the site rules that you agreed to when you signed up , about half way down the page .
here is a copy from the rules.

HMMWV Titling Questions.
The newly released HWWMVs are being sold with an "Off Road Use Only" restriction. Any discussion on having your HMMWV titled as "on-road" or how to get the vehicles titled for "on road use" will get you banned from the site. See this thread for more details.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthr...-HMMWV-Titling

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let's see. I just logged out and went to the register as a new user page:
(I highlighted the pertinent information. That means you have agreed to and have read all the rules.)

In order to proceed, you must agree with the following rules:

Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Complete Registration' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this site, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite, nor vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason.

I have read, and agree to abide by the Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite rules.

cbpelto

RE: Off Road Use Only

Funny. About a year ago I saw an obviously street-legal former military HUMMV. State license plates and all. Operated by some business, as it was nicely painted and had their web-site URL on the back end.

It inspired me to begin looking into purchasing one myself.

I asked the local government office and they said all you need is a title. So apparently here there may be a legal way to get the HUMMV approved for operation on state highways and roads.

Last edited: