• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Transfer case stuck in HL

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure what you mean by lever can be moved but won't come out of HL? You have to drive in reverse to get it to fully unengage. Page 204 in the Operators TM.

Last edited:

captkennyboy

thanks for the fast reply. I can move the Lever from HL to H and the truck stays in HL with the light showing. I can move the lever to N and it will go into N then I move it back to H and it stays in HL

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have seen the detent on the sender at the tcase get stuck, unscrew it and check it...you can push on the ball detent to activate and deactivate the T/C lock lamp...but as others have said, you have to drive a few feet in reverse to fully unlock the tcase.

newtoy

I am having the same problem. I tried going in reverse for 100 feet with no change. I tried shifting the transfer case with the motor running and not running, but had no change. what is my next step? I am new to humvees i just got my 95 998a1

LouWon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you are backing up, trow the transmission in neutral and let it come to a stop, this sometimes releases the binding of driving them on hard surfaces

newtoy

backing up didn't work for me. I tried it a few times and went far backwards. What finally did it was rolling forward in neutral, then shifted the transfer case from low range to high, with the engine running.

Duster06

I tried all of your techniques and got it into H once. When I tried to recreate what I did it got stuck in HL and I can't get it out again :/

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks