• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV truck pulling

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I have done truck pulls with my m939s & Lmtv. Not much info out there on what the humvee can do. Most of the pulls near me have a 10k lb physical weight cutoff. So those they won't let me pull with the Lmtv. I was thinking of trying a humvee. Have a pretty recent rebuilt one with 6.5. It's pretty peppy for a humvee. Anyone pull with a humvee? How much can it pull? How does it do pulling in low range? Am I going to break half shafts trying to pull say 7500lbs of concrete on a sled?

Bravojmc

I have done truck pulls with my m939s & Lmtv. Not much info out there on what the humvee can do. Most of the pulls near me have a 10k lb physical weight cutoff. So those they won't let me pull with the Lmtv. I was thinking of trying a humvee. Have a pretty recent rebuilt one with 6.5. It's pretty peppy for a humvee. Anyone pull with a humvee? How much can it pull? How does it do pulling in low range? Am I going to break half shafts trying to pull say 7500lbs of concrete on a sled?
Do what you want... I wouldn't. They aren't ment to pull like that.... I bet if you pull 7500lbs on a flat sled you'll break ****!

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The m1078 will pull more than double its weight. Humvees gotta be able to do something. Asking a 5000 lb truck to pull 7500 lbs isn't unreasonable.

Awol

I'd say give it a shot. If you break anything, you can always fix it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks