• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV tub blueprints

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Certainly overkill. But you'd think he'd be more on top of emails. I even registered for his forum, that hasn't been approved either. I know I miss emails from time to time here. But this site is MUCH more active than his site/forum.

whistlepig

I also tried registering on his site with no luck.I've read almost his whole forum and judging from what I've seen he won't give out anything without buying his plans. A few threads back here on the hmmwv forum a member mentions that the real Humvee blueprints were available to the public,but I don't know where. Like you,I'm planning to build one as my next project so that's why hope you get some good replies to you questions.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Many years ago there was a guy down here that built the shell of one out of plywood and fiberglass. He built it on a Dodge chassis so he just made the shell as detailed as he could and designed the floor and firewall to fit the chassis. From 20' you wouldn't know the difference.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm just in a weird place. I can pick up a real deal HMMWV tub for a decent price. But it need some work and a lot of parts. (Some parts I can get while I'm there) I think I would be in the same place as far as materials and the tremormuv plans in costs. And that doesn't even start the amount of time/fab work in it. The downside to the tub is the fact that the trans tunnel needs work in one area. And the rear quarters are both messed up and missing parts. But those are probably the easier parts to fab.

whistlepig

To me a steel tub would be a + because of raw material cost and availabity. Theres also conflicting info on the net about the alloy used on an actual Humvee being harder to weld than some types of aluminum. Of course there mostly riveted together anyway.

TKDchamp

It's been about 6 months. Did you ever have any luck? BTW, I am a registered member over on the Tremor site. It has not been very active over the past couple years.

Jozseph

I also tried registering on his site with no luck.I've read almost his whole forum and judging from what I've seen he won't give out anything without buying his plans. A few threads back here on the hmmwv forum a member mentions that the real Humvee blueprints were available to the public,but I don't know where. Like you,I'm planning to build one as my next project so that's why hope you get some good replies to you questions.

Review the following sites;

http://carblueprints.info/eng/marks/hummer

Listed are "HUMMER Blueprints"

You could also look at http://www.tutorials3d.com/eng/blu_sheet.asp?id=214

And http://www.the-blueprints.com/blueprints/cars/hummer/

Regards

Joseph

Last edited: