• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV turbo models

majorhavoc67

Been searching with no luck so far. Can anyone tell me which specific models had the turbo vs non-turbo? I'd like to buy one that will cruise at a highway speed of 65-70 mph. Finding a turbo model seems most likely to fit this unless I'm missing something?

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Four speed and 2.56 differential gearing will help you with what you want. Some people also up the tire size as a rubber differential upgrade.

Edit- the vehicle you purchase will have 3.06 gearing. You can change that to 2.56.

Our tires are 37” stock. Going 40 or more will help high end.

The three speed tranny will limit your top speed. The four speed will allow higher speeds.

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You dont need a turbo model to go 70mph, the A2 model is a 4 speed with NA motor and is actually quite happy at 70mph
and has lower rpm’s than a turbo equipped model due to the gearing, the A2 runs a 2.73 comp to a turbo trucks 3.08.
I can attest to this statement. I have a M1123 with a turbo motor and i usually drive at 65 MPH expressway and very happy so far.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks