• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV upgrades

Stezy

Looking to eventually add some stuff to my M1151A1. Does anyone know if you can get parts to upgrade a regular ECV to a REV B??
Also, what radio tray/equipment would be correct? Still currently waiting on SF97 after 2 months.....

Stezy

To get an REV, it would be easier to just buy one. You need frame rails, crossmembers, holes in bed, all different brake system, geared fan drive, fan shroud, steering parts, different transfer case, 5/8" coolant lines to transfer case and rear diff, and more.
Has anyone done it before? Is it feasible considering cost? I dont have the money to buy a 2nd humvee, maybe if it's a non runner for 10kish. Should I get a non runner REV and move missing parts over to that one?

Action

Has anyone done it before? Is it feasible considering cost? I dont have the money to buy a 2nd humvee, maybe if it's a non runner for 10kish. Should I get a non runner REV and move missing parts over to that one?
A new fan drive is $7,065.99 at adventure accessories. One on epay for $2,000, parts only. The Wilwood gnx4 calipers and pads are not cheap either. Do you want to spend $8000 - $10000 just on brakes and fan?
i suggest selling the one you have if you want a newer truck. This isn’t something you do on a weekend in your garage.
Original brake pads retail over $350 for 4 pads. You will need 8.

Stezy

A new fan drive is $7,065.99 at adventure accessories. One on epay for $2,000, parts only. The Wilwood gnx4 calipers and pads are not cheap either. Do you want to spend $8000 - $10000 just on brakes and fan?
i suggest selling the one you have if you want a newer truck. This isn’t something you do on a weekend in your garage.
Original brake pads retail over $350 for 4 pads. You will need 8.
Thank you for the insight. I apriciate it, maybe in the future I will win a bid for a rolling chassis with most of the parts on and swap that. Do you think that is reasonable?

Action

Thank you for the insight. I apriciate it, maybe in the future I will win a bid for a rolling chassis with most of the parts on and swap that. Do you think that is reasonable?
Easier to swap good motor into rev truck. What is the obsession with an REV?

TNDRIVER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you own tools....... lots of tools, and know how to use them???????

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Buy what you want, but don’t try to turn a pigs ear into a silk purse.

It is like you bought a 1969 Chevy Chevelle and you are looking to turn it into a Pontiac GTO because both are GM products using the same frame.

blutow

I certainly wouldn't want one after seeing the price for some REV specific replacement parts. Yikes!
+1. That geared fan is getting into Ferrari parts pricing territory. Many vehicles fall into the "nothing more expensive than a cheap x" situation. There are lots of really nice cars out there that aren't worth fixing if they have 1 or 2 expensive things wrong with them.

Reactions: OBX

OBX

Steel Soldiers Supporter
+1. That geared fan is getting into Ferrari parts pricing territory. Many vehicles fall into the "nothing more expensive than a cheap x" situation. There are lots of really nice cars out there that aren't worth fixing if they have 1 or 2 expensive things wrong with them.
Buy the best quality you can afford even if that results in being satisfied with fewer objects. Personally, I’m too poor to buy cheap!

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like my truck. It’s in between the latest and greatest and normal Hmmwv. I got the turbo and ac plus hardtop and I still got the rear diff cooler, not that I will ever need it. Still have the hydraulic fan. I think it’s perfect truck for me. It doesn’t run… hahaha BC83CC1F-CC11-484A-A6B8-42460422D5BD.jpeg

OBX

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like my truck. It’s in between the latest and greatest and normal Hmmwv. I got the turbo and ac plus hardtop and I still got the rear diff cooler, not that I will ever need it. Still have the hydraulic fan. I think it’s perfect truck for me. It doesn’t run… hahaha View attachment 862529
I too bought a “non runner”. It starts immediately after only cleaning the IP. Good luck with yours. It looks great!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks