• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV US Army markings

79f250guy

Hi all I'm new to the HMMWV scene and have dreamed of owning one as long as I can remember as Im sure many of you have. If all goes well my dream will be coming true soon. I'm sure ill have tons of questions but I have a history question as I am very interested in the history of the vehicle. Can anyone tell me what these markings mean?
IMG_20160709_171124.jpgIMG_20160709_171114.jpg

thank you all in advance

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you don't know, don't provide bad info.

The numbers you see are the registration number for the truck. There are 2 numbers that identify the truck, the serial number and the registration number. you Should have a data plate that shows the serial number, reg number, Date of Mfr/Delivery, the NSN, and the model. among other information.

If you post in the 2016 VIN thread, I will provide the rest of the information on the truck when I get back to the office next week.

79f250guy

If you don't know, don't provide bad info.

The numbers you see are the registration number for the truck. There are 2 numbers that identify the truck, the serial number and the registration number. you Should have a data plate that shows the serial number, reg number, Date of Mfr/Delivery, the NSN, and the model. among other information.

If you post in the 2016 VIN thread, I will provide the rest of the information on the truck when I get back to the office next week.

Oh yeah I didn't notice that was the same number. I'm glad i asked! I will certainly post in that thread Would love to know any info I can get on the truck.

Thank you

kevin101

Seeing as you live in Macedon it'll be nice to know another HMMWV owner in the area. I'm waiting on mine as well. When we get them we should compare notes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks