• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Vin Location ?

syclone93

I have only one question and it's simply a serial number location question. Obviously the AMGeneral Military Hummers have a Data plate with the 6 digit serial on the left "B" pillar. My question is whether or not that same serial will be stamped anywhere else on the vehicle. I am wondering how you would identify a truck should this plate be damaged or removed. Thanks

Lawdog734

I have only one question and it's simply a serial number location question. Obviously the AMGeneral Military Hummers have a Data plate with the 6 digit serial on the left "B" pillar. My question is whether or not that same serial will be stamped anywhere else on the vehicle. I am wondering how you would identify a truck should this plate be damaged or removed. Thanks
I Google'd this and it appears that the data plate is the only place where you should find a serial number time after time. Occasionally you'll find the serial number on a tag wired inside the end of one of the frame rails, but these are usually missing. If it went through depot rebuild, or if it was missing at any other time - It's not out of the question that a plate would be removed from a wrecked truck and reattached to a different vehicle.

There is a body number on the shelf near the intake under the windshield, but this appears to be an internal tracking number and is not the serial number.

Now, because the plate isn't riveted with any special rivets (just pop rivets), if it should become damaged you can easily replace it with a new plate. I did this because my original plate appeared to be finished by a 5yo with a set of hand punches. I had mine engraved by a local trophy shop. If it should be removed, you should have it replaced immediately.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks