• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV vs CUCV Glow Plugs

rmesgt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I recently found some glow plugs in a surplus shop. I researched the NSN and they came up a HMMWV glow plugs. Does anyone know if they might fit a CUCV 6.2? I thought I would ask before I bought one to try it out....

chevymike

Don't quote me but my understanding is HMMWV plugs are 24v and CUCV ones are 12v and the 24v power runs through the resistor pack on the firewall. They are not interchangeable.

rmesgt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't quote me but my understanding is HMMWV plugs are 24v and CUCV ones are 12v and the 24v power runs through the resistor pack on the firewall. They are not interchangeable.
Thank you for your quick response. If anyone is interested in HMMWV glow plugs, I can go by the surplus store and see how much they will cost.

cucvrus

I don't think even if they did work as designed I would go thru the trouble to change my 3/16" female spades to bullet connectors. I mean another case of why change the design. Just change the glow plugs to the correct ones and move on. Next time when the HMMWV ones aren't available you would be changing back to spade connectors. $100. still gets 8 brand new 13G glow plugs at a GM dealer. They worked for me for 25 years and some are 37 years old and still have the same plugs and stock glow plug system. Maintain the stock system it will serve you well. Be Safe and Good Luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks