• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV water temp gauge retrofit in a M1009?

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I searched the CUCV forums for "water temperature gauge" installs and found 7 postings. They all dealt with civilian water temp gauge installs.

Someone on eBay is selling NOS HMMWV water temp gauges cheap. I'd like to install one next to my volt meter, but not sure if the gauge is 12 or 24 volt and the sender type.

Has anyone installed a HMMWV or Deuce water temp gauge in their 09?

If no one has done a military water temp gauge retrofit, I'll have to do further homework and figure it out. I'll post pics of the install as I do it.

camogriz

I installed a HMMWV water temperature gauge in my M1009. It is green and I think it goes nicely with the subdued nature of the truck. I searched eBay and found a water temperature sending unit for a HMMWV as well. It fit perfectly in the hole vacated by the idiot light sensor on the front of the driver's side head (right behind the alternator). Of course the idiot light no longer works, but the gauge works perfectly so that doesn't matter to me. I placed the gauge in the radio delete panel on the lower right of the dash and rigged an ashtray light I had laying around from an old car project to illuminate the gauge at night. I don't remember if it was a 12 or 24 volt hookup, but I do remember it was not difficult to figure out. I will try to get a picture up. My computer is not responding to the attempt.

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I installed a HMMWV water temperature gauge in my M1009. It is green and I think it goes nicely with the subdued nature of the truck. I searched eBay and found a water temperature sending unit for a HMMWV as well. It fit perfectly in the hole vacated by the idiot light sensor on the front of the driver's side head (right behind the alternator). Of course the idiot light no longer works, but the gauge works perfectly so that doesn't matter to me. I placed the gauge in the radio delete panel on the lower right of the dash and rigged an ashtray light I had laying around from an old car project to illuminate the gauge at night. I don't remember if it was a 12 or 24 volt hookup, but I do remember it was not difficult to figure out. I will try to get a picture up. My computer is not responding to the attempt.
Thanks for the reply and pics camogriz (your gauges look good in that spot!)

I did x-ref the seller's part number and it matches a proper HMMWV temp gauge - just got to x-ref the proper sender...

Glad to know someone has "been there, done that" regarding a military water temp gauge retrofit into an 09...

M1008BOV

Love this setup. Been reading a lot of threads about gauges and these are my favorite OE look so far. I see the water temp sensor online, how did you connect the oil pressure? Is this gauge mechanical or electric? If electric, would a standard GM gauge sensor work or does it have to be specific for this gauge?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks