• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hmmwv windshield evolution/variants

ltrpd

Can someone give a description of the various types of windshield glass for the different hmmwv variants. I am interested in m1151 and m1165 uparmored glass. A detailed history from the hmmwv gurus would be great. Thanks

ltrpd

I was interested in getting info on basic glass thickness and the addition of 5/8” ballistic glass, 3” heavy ballistic glass, ibis tea egress ballistic glass, etc

Action

if you put in the thick stuff, dont plan on having defrost. you will have to hook up the electrics. And, if you think you live in warm area and dont need defrost, you will.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks