• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV windshield help

DicedDeuceMan

I am changing from a 2 man hardtop, to a 4 man soft top (compliment of BK ) On the front windshield, I don't have a channel for the soft top.

1. would a civilian one work?, the hummer dealer is real close. Nobody is saying I have one when I call... SO just want to get it one, yesterday.. lol.

2. any pics of exactly what spot to mount the side rails at ? at windshield and B pillar ( mine did not have holes, IE hardtop

I would assume there is no diffence in windshield frames and b pillars, or am I wrong..

And thanks...

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dave, I meant to tell you that I love your AVATAR. I assume that is Theresa, the lady I met this past Saturday. Very nice lady. Good luck with your work. By the way, I found about twenty of the bolts that hold the doors to the body tub. I will send those along shortly...free of charge. PM me your address. Stay in touch, buddy.

dilvoy

The civi soft tops have a different setup for attaching the soft top to the top of the windshield. They also use two pieces near each side that make the top of the windhsield more "square". Maybe the first year or two of Hummer production soft tops use the Mil type channel and they changed it later because of leaking. If you are luckey that is the case, otherwise you need to find the Mil part.

Jetnoise400

Will Kascar sell mil parts to the unwashed masses? Last time I looked at their website it said no military parts sales to anyone but the military. :evil:

capps

Did you sell your hartop windshield frame? I would have swapped you a soft top frame for it. Also wondered what the going price is for the frames now.