• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Wisconsin to Texas

lindsey97

Very bold statement indeed. But sometimes the truth hurts. I own a business, have multiple insurance policies, DOT #, authority, and every other thing required by the goobermint to operate and conduct business legally. And sometimes I simply cannot compete against others who don't play by the same rules, just as you stated.

As to my comments about uship, they simply didn't treat me well as a customer, and it was my first time using them.

First they wasted a lot of my time by allowing bidders to reneg on moving my freight after being awarded the job. Freight was a M1082A1 trailer in Maryland. Destination was Oklahoma.

Second, They charged the wrong account, twice, and caused me issues with the 2 banks that I deal with, and I have been at one of the banks for 22 years. I had to call them and get a charge reversed on an account which had no money in it, and they were not authorized to charge. And fight with paypal about It all at the same time.

Third, Uship was paid and initial amount of 1,836, subbed the job out twice, thru 2 separate brokers, and when the dust settled, the poor guy that delivered was only paid $700. I vote with my dollar, and will not participate in that type of business, nor will I be funding it.

I currently haul my own stuff, or use 98G or other steel soldiers members; I have yet to experience a bad deal with anyone on this site, and have enjoyed spending money with other members. I also practice what I preach, I do pickups/recoveries/repairs/storage at GL and GP. I treat others property with respect, and care about each and every job I complete.

My experience with uship occurred 2 years ago this month, as you can see I am still upset and plan to let other know about it. Screw uship.

ke5eua

Very bold statement indeed. But sometimes the truth hurts. I own a business, have multiple insurance policies, DOT #, authority, and every other thing required by the goobermint to operate and conduct business legally. And sometimes I simply cannot compete against others who don't play by the same rules, just as you stated.

As to my comments about uship, they simply didn't treat me well as a customer, and it was my first time using them.

First they wasted a lot of my time by allowing bidders to reneg on moving my freight after being awarded the job. Freight was a M1082A1 trailer in Maryland. Destination was Oklahoma.

Second, They charged the wrong account, twice, and caused me issues with the 2 banks that I deal with, and I have been at one of the banks for 22 years. I had to call them and get a charge reversed on an account which had no money in it, and they were not authorized to charge. And fight with paypal about It all at the same time.

Third, Uship was paid and initial amount of 1,836, subbed the job out twice, thru 2 separate brokers, and when the dust settled, the poor guy that delivered was only paid $700. I vote with my dollar, and will not participate in that type of business, nor will I be funding it.

I currently haul my own stuff, or use 98G or other steel soldiers members; I have yet to experience a bad deal with anyone on this site, and have enjoyed spending money with other members. I also practice what I preach, I do pickups/recoveries/repairs/storage at GL and GP. I treat others property with respect, and care about each and every job I complete.

My experience with uship occurred 2 years ago this month, as you can see I am still upset and plan to let other know about it. Screw uship.
Ironically I left uship about 2 years ago after being under bid by almost $500 just on one load and filing a complaint to uship that the bidder wasn't legal. I was told it was up to the consumer to ensure the legality. Since it wasn't my first time filing a complaint about the same things I cancelled my account and deadheaded about 1k miles home.

To the op, if you are interested in getting bids on uship I will give you one piece of advice. Look on the bidders profile page and it should give you a dot and mc(c) number.

Copy the dot number, go to google and search for safer, it's the dot system. Search that dot number in safer and verify they have a valid mc number. Click on the mc number and verify the insurance.

The dot information will also give you the business name and contact information.

When I bid for loads on uship and my wife would call me telling me someone called about hauling something and it turned out that the guy looked me up and bypassed uship I was happy to work with the shipper. I didn't have to give uship a cut of my pie and neither did the shipper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Uship takes 17 percent of the shippers bid and a variable fee from the shipper. My issue with uship is that a broker will under bid me by 4 or 500 and then relist the listing under their name for a price noone wants to do it for. So the customer gets screwed in the long run. Also that the people doing the shipping dont know that the shipper is going to lose 17 percent of their bid amount. And if you tell the customer that in the questions you get red flagged.

I charge 1.50 a mile for HMMWVs which may seem high to some people. I charge 1.70 to 1.80 for the SEEs, LMTVs and 5 tons.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have held on to a few hotshot drivers' numbers that have provided excellent service to me. I originally found them through U-ship and independent brokers. I will deal with them directly. As far as U-ship I have had only good experiences. I'm sure with anything that has that many transactions there are bound to be bad apples, but like Mike said, do your proper due diligence and proceed with caution. I got a HMMWV moved from Ft Polk to Central NC, at the agreed to price (500) because my timeline was wide open. Driver used it to fill out a load. Very very good service.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks