• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV won't start

Sisu

This forum has been super helpful in getting my HMMWV going. A new problem has arisen that has me stumped. To get my rig rolling, I've replaced the pcb with a new version, batteries, glow plugs, and grounding wire harness. Not a single problem for a couple of weeks. Ran like a champ. Then one day I went to leave work, and it wouldn't start. When I switched the ignition switch to the run position, the wait and brake lights flashed, and then nothing. Wouldn't turn over, the headlights don't come on, nothing. So I checked the batteries, and they're great. Fully charged. I rechecked all of my connections, nothing jumps out at me. So I ordered a new ignition switch from Kascar, plugged that in (after disconnecting the battery), and nothing. The same thing happened. The wait and brake lights flashed, then nothing. I've searched everywhere I can think of to see if this has happened before and have come up empty.
Anyone have an idea what my problem might be?
Thanks

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know this sounds basic... but are you sure it's in Neutral (or Park)? It won't (shouldn't) start if the transmission is in gear...

Sisu

Ha. You must know me! Though it tends to be a gift of mine to overlook the obvious, I did check to make sure it's in neutral. Is there a sensor that could be bad? Wouldn't the lights still work? I'm clueless.

Sisu

Me and my mechanic disconnected the battery and checked every connection we could find. hooked the battery back up and still nothing but the flash of the lights. With the ignition switch in the run position (nothing working) we flipped the light switches on... and BAM, everything seems to be normal again. Even works after I installed the old ignition switch back in. I'm not sure what was wrong. Thanks for the input. I'll let you know how it goes. Peace out.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe you guys monkeyed around enough to make a bad connection somewhere good again...... I hate when things fix themselves, cause they'll unfix themselves at the worst moment!

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Me and my mechanic disconnected the battery and checked every connection we could find. hooked the battery back up and still nothing but the flash of the lights. With the ignition switch in the run position (nothing working) we flipped the light switches on... and BAM, everything seems to be normal again. Even works after I installed the old ignition switch back in. I'm not sure what was wrong. Thanks for the input. I'll let you know how it goes. Peace out.
not entirely uncommon....I would source a new light switch and have it ready.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks