• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hmmwv

wildcat81

Some of my fondest memories of my Time In Service, are of cruising the the war withered streets of Iraq. Nothing like a Sunday drive in a place where the air smells like, well, a third world country. How I wish I could afford to buy a HMMWV for my very own. One day perhaps.:nothingfunny:

wildcat81

an army of one

I finished our family circle. Grandpa saw action on t&e beaches in the Navy WWII, Dad did two tours in Vietnam with the Marines, my uncle retired from the Air Force, and I chose the Army. 12B10P what's your MOS

MudmanHMMWV

Oh well I'm not sure any of them served but my gandpa, god bless his soul served in the marine corp for I think 37 years died at 86 about ten years back. My dad served the marines for about 7 years, and my bother 27 years. Though my brother spent his last seven years in the navy. Not to mention that my mother used to be a base cook before she met my dad. I'm not sure if any of them ever fought in combat though.

wildcat81

You didn't have to see action to be a soldier, anyone who had the guts to sign on the dotted line knew that the day might come, when they were asked to give their life to protect the blanket of freedom the rest of the country sleeps under at night.:soapbox: Anyway, thanks for your continued service, good luck, stay safe.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you buy the complete HMMWV for $5600 you have an option to buy a complete original WWII jeep in the crate for $50.00.

Bogibar

It sounds like some of you have got lots of field experience. I'm looking for some people that can talk to me about some of the maintenance problems on the HMMWV as well as tracked vehicles such as the M1A1. I'm looking for ways to make life easier for our warfighters. I'm not sure that the forum is the best place for those talks but I was hoping to meet some people that would like to help.

Bogibar

If you buy the complete HMMWV for $5600 you have an option to buy a complete original WWII jeep in the crate for $50.00.
Bogibar- I remember seeing ads for jeeps for $50 when I was in high school in the 60's. My friends and I were avid 4X4 guys but a WWII jeep for 50 bucks seemed to good to be true.