• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV's for sale, no longer maybe, it happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First off, please observe the rule of no specific auction details.

Second, we still are running on a lot of assumptions.

So it's pretty well known at the moment that a auction company states they will have a few HMMWV's up for auction. Many of you have tried to bring forth this info. But we here like to disperse FACT over rumor. I'm sorry if you've had a thread deleted or felt you were done wrong about this topic. Everyone remember a couple months ago when the government was going to take away our MV's with the EPA? ;)

At this time, the auction company has several of these listed up for sale in December. There are a mixture of vehicles. And that is the problem we have at the moment.

The auction company has them listed as Demil code Q. However, I had the four NSN's I was told are being released checked at a very very large AFB here in GA by two individuals I (and many others) hold in high regard and trust. The information they found was that the M998's were set to Q as matches what the auction company lists. However the M1038 is listed in the DOD system as demil code C. Now for the rub. The M998's NSN lists as "Do not sell". And the 1038's NSN does not have any listing as to sell or not sell.

So at this point, it's still undetermined if this will truly happen. Much like we were with the EPA debacle.

However, the fact that the Demil code has change, it is somewhat earth shattering!

A few things that have been discussed and semi-confirmed:
1. Not to be titled, off road only. Wavier must be signed.
2. No uparmored variants would be sold.
3. The 1033 program vehicles are STILL under the same rules. After the departments are done with them, they have to be returned.

Update:
I was given word that a USF&PO CWO4 has stated that they will be sold. I'm awaiting more details.

I will leave this thread open for discussion. It will however be closed if someone violates the auction detail rules, divulges into argument/flaming/exc.

Edit: Reopening thread, please keep on topic of only discussing the possible sell of these. This is not a topic about insurance, titles, registration, exc.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And to point out that no "official" word directly from DLA about the change in the demil status.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
as of yesterday the trucks have been pulled...I called customer service and that was in fact verified.
not gonna say much more...cuz I'm not a CARNAC.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
And just sure enough as I post this thread, the auction company has pulled the listings from the site for the auction that was to come.

See folks why we've been hesitant to allow discussion about it? We still do not have fact.

welldigger

I won't get excited about hmmwv's being auctioned until someone actually purchases one, gets it into their possession, and gets a title without receiving a phone call that there was a mistake made with the auction. Just saying.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I won't get excited about hmmwv's being auctioned until someone actually purchases one, gets it into their possession, and gets a title without receiving a phone call that there was a mistake made with the auction. Just saying.
Ditto.

And there's no way I'd want to be "first" on any new wave of HMMWV's coming out. If these do come up for auction, I bet they'll pull big bucks to start. On the upside, there's probably 100K of these to auction.

welldigger

If, and I do mean if, hmmwv's start to get auctioned the first few dozen or so will go for a stupid high price. But, like you said, there are so many in inventory that once a few get out there and the excitement dies down the price will probably get very reasonable. Probably will become the new m35 in terms of price and availability.

Warning: This statement is purely me daydreaming and not meant to portray anything that can be confirmed in the remote future.

Gunzy

Well, if they do come out and are "No Title" off road use only there will be some states like mine that they will either be parted, junked or yard art, as here in Utah you are required to license off road vehicles and the lack of a title will prevent that. I am sure there are other states that have the same requirements. Plus, $11500 open is high for anything that will not have a title. When I saw them I knew it was a matter of time before they were pulled or buyers would be told, "Sorry, you can't have that."

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
as of yesterday the trucks have been pulled...I called customer service and that was in fact verified.
not gonna say much more...cuz I'm not a CARNAC.
I'm guessing you started a thread and someone merged it into this one.

If you have something in writing, please, by all means share.

BTW, I've only picked Carnac's brain about the number of these that may/may not exist.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And to point out that no "official" word directly from DLA about the change in the demil status.
As of Monday, my local DLA guy said they are not allowed to us yet. He also mentioned his opinion of the GP/IP thing as well and he is not impressed.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What!! You mean they are not listing HMMWVs to the public ready to drive off the lot?

Why I have had a member tell me basically I don't the first thing about anything because I didn't want the SS site running on rumor and innuendo.

Huh, say it ain't so. I actually find this quite hilarious because I was hoping I was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks