• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV'S Sold 3854 111 left

awolhmv

Is there to be more????!!!!!!
Or is this it?
Will the DLA keep the money coming back to them or will they go scrap again?
HMMMMMM we will just have to wait and see!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
111 left huh?

I remember when the first lot was sold and that's all that was going to be sold. Rest were going to be scrapped.

FWIW AM General has supplied ~280K units to DoD. Granted a large number are armored and won't be sold, a vast number were already scrapped, and many are out there in loan to local/state/federal offices.

It's an absolute guess by anyone.

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sure there's lots of speculation, but there are 108 on the docket for the month of July... I've got to believe the auctions aren't over this month.

image.jpg

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Parts prices haven't really gone up, for that matter, they have decreased overall. The Govt is Surplusimg more and more older hard to find items by the day. The only thing I've seen go up is doors, top kits.
i buy parts daily...some parts were just flat out no go's, now plentiful and cheap.
for the Newbs, if you think parts are expansive now? Should have seen it a few years ago.
i can now buy full modern power packs with trans and tcase for $2600, a long block of that same motor from AMG is over 7k....

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I read that there were 17 million left and the starting bids were dropping to one dollar. Yes I read that. Well I wrote it down, and then I read it.........
You need glasses son. It was three for a dollar. If you shop at the right time, there might be a BOGO.

NV555

I noticed that a recent auction in Hawaii was selling M998's for scrap. I think it was at Hickham AFB.

They looked better than many I have seen on the (FAMOUS HMMVW Auction Site). Anyone have any info?

Katavic918

less hmmwv's on govplanet?

Has anyone else noticed that the last few auctions on govplanet has had fewer hmmwv's? I haven't been paying attention to the number of other items being sold but I just noticed the hmmwv's. I remember numbers in the 300's and now they barely hit 100. Also, it seems like the grade has decreased. Anyone else notice this or have an explanation?

avlon01

Right now Iron Planet shows 100 HMMWV's for sale.

Two and 4 door, some with X doors and most without. Just spot checking, the quality seems to be typical what they have sold in the past. Some were going to need work, others looked nice.

I'm almost positive that the "Humvee sales ending soon!!" hysteria is being drummed up by third party sellers that buy from auction and try to flip them at $30K+ for a $12K truck. It happened when they stopped selling surplus trucks for a while - 5 ton prices went up overnight and sellers claimed "No longer sold as surplus! Can't get any more!!".

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
It happened when they stopped selling surplus trucks for a while - 5 ton prices went up overnight and sellers claimed "No longer sold as surplus! Can't get any more!!".
You can't fix stupid. Some folks have more money than brains.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone else noticed that the last few auctions on govplanet has had fewer hmmwv's? I haven't been paying attention to the number of other items being sold but I just noticed the hmmwv's. I remember numbers in the 300's and now they barely hit 100. Also, it seems like the grade has decreased. Anyone else notice this or have an explanation?
And at the same time the quantity of FMTVs, trailers, Unimogs, and etc increased. They're smart at how they can get the most dollars for uncle sam's old toys, it's their job. They sell in waves based on condition, quantity, and location.. it's no secret. This keeps the market of an area from getting saturated, draws a lot of attention for big sales, and they don't have to spread out the manpower more than they have to. Kansas was a prime example of this: week of runners, week of non-runner, week of garbage, mixed week (trailers, civi cars, odd and end truck), then repeat in some order. It went on for months and prices bottomed out (I loved it!). GP pushed a big HMMWV sale recently so a lot of prep time went into it and I'm sure the other stuff accumulated which is now what we're seeing. There are plenty more HMMWVs heading to a private driveway near you it will just take time.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
not sure when the contract is up for renewal but it is in their best interest to push as many through as they can on a regular basis. Storage & transportation must be a huge expense every month.

Good to see some of the uparmored repurposed and sold instead of being scrapped. I am sure GL would never have though of that.