• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hobart 17-G-2045 help wanted

almrens

We found a generator over here in the Netherlands from the firm Hobart.

Generator A.C.Portable gas engine driven, 5000 watts, 120V, 60 cycle #
17-G-2045.

We want to try to restore it in working order so we can use it again in
our
WW2 display

It seems that these where used by the Ordnance durihg WW2.

So we are wondering if you can help us with any information on this
generator.

LanceRobson

Contact Hobart. About 10 years ago we were working on a 1942 Navy generator set and after calling them they photocopied and mailed me a manual for the electrical end. Mine has a Hercules engine.

I would start with these guys:

ITW Hobart Ground Power
1177 Trade Sq E, Troy, OH 45373-2479
(937) 332-5080 ‎

Hobart Ground Power (OFFICIAL FACTORY SITE) - Ground Power Units for Aircraft

and see what happens.

Good luck

Lance

L999here

....may be this...

Just off the top of my old brain...this might be for use on the M16 Half Track with the .50 BMG quad-mount. The half tracks were 12Voltsystems but had a gas generator to operate the quad mount when the vehicle was not running or they were in a combat situation or in an ambush mode. That way the generator would be running independent of the vehicle...less noise.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks