• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Holes on driver side fender of 813A1 - what bracket

WWIILBird

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got these six holes that measure 4.5 inches wide and 9.5 inches on center top to bottom. I bought a surplus fire extinguisher bracket that I thought looked big at purchase but when I put it up to the fender the holes weren't even close. Can anyone tell me what might have gone on this fendor. Pictures attached. Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

WWIILBird

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the quick response, anyone have a picture of one mounted? Are they readily available from surplus?

Barneyszoo

Pretty sure its for a fire extinguisher, the decon was mounted on the hump just to the frount left of the shifter. Decon is usually in the crew compartment.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I have occasionally seen decon units mounted outside. I think the floor is the most common. I have a hardtop truck where it's mounted on the inside of the hardtop at the rear corner.

There have been dozens of fire extinguisher brackets over the years, so it is possible it was one of the many variations.

There is another kit other than the typical (common) that is supposed to mount on the fender but I can't remember what it is.

Jimma

I have the same holes in the fender of my 68 deuce and was under the impression it was where the decontamination kit mounted on the fender.

Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner, is that the truck my convoy light is coming off of? [thumbzup]
It sure is.

I had a new battery dropped off, for the Deuce this past weekend. The Second battery should be here sometime this week. So as soon as it arrives, I'll throw them both in the truck, and test out the convoy light for you...........I mean..... I would, if I could, test the light out then for you. If only the light hadn't already been on the scrap pile that I sold back on April first. :twisted: (couldn't resist)

I'll get a hold of you by Saturday.

WWIILBird

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I posted two more pictures of the bracket I bought up against the holes. Looks like the bracket ridgerunner has but it's still smaller than the footprint of what was there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks