• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Holy crap, another FNG!

jumpinford

Actually my 2nd post, but yeah...

I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a gear head, have been my whole life. Even owned an old gasser REO M109 back in the day. Was looking for info and what not on the M37 as a buddy of mine just picked up a beautiful semi-original one for cheap. I say semi original as it was a Fire Dept truck for a long time and is red instead of OD green.

After hanging out and reading several threads over the last few weeks, I've been bitten by the MV bug again, and am working to buy a deuce or two. I'd like to do a bobbed deuce for running back and forth to work (short drive, no stoplights, and a bobbed deuce would drive about the same as my current DD, but get better mileage :) )

I'm a mechanic thats worked on all sorts of vehicles over the years, and am currently a diesel mechanic for Wal-Mart, so hopefully I can be of help here even though I do not yet own a deuce of my own.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Holy crap, another FNG!

Yeah, what a surprise, another new guy has signed up, when will the surprises ever end...

jumpinford

Im a mechanic for the fleet :)

As for pictures, I dont have any digi pics of my old m109, but I have some pics of the M37 my buddy just got, a pic of me and my kid in Jack Tomlins half track during the 4th of july parade, and some pics of my bronco on a publicly accessible track where the army used to test equipment at the old Tooele Depot.

Attachments