• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Home Depot Behr Paint Sale

Triton

Hello, I need to paint a generator green with the Behr paint, Home depot doesn't know when their paint will go on sale, can this be a thread when the paint from Home Depot goes on sale this summer somebody will let us know? I hate to have to pay full price for this stuff!!
Thanks

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I've never paid any attention to any sales on it. I just know even at normal retail, it's cheaper than CARC.

L1A1

What is the Behr color for CARC green:?: And can this paint be applied with an air gun:?:
I've used both Behr & Valspar to paint my house using a spray gun & it worked (worked good to) but I'm not sure how that paint would run through an automotive paint gun. You may have to thin it. Sorry can't help with the CARC green. I assume your looking for "CARC 383 green"?

Matt

jbayer

What is the Behr color for CARC green:?: And can this paint be applied with an air gun:?:
It's the same anywhere. FS 34094 at Home Depot, Lowes, Sherwin Williams, etc. I've bought it at all those with the FS 34094 code.
Look here.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?76210-Behr-Paint-Jobs-Show-me-your-MV-s
Search feature will find you lots of info on this.
Not sure what you mean by "air gun". HVLP, gravity feed, or old school suction gun. Those all use air. I've only used a smooth roller on my Deuce, and it comes out looking sprayed.

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's the same anywhere. FS 34094 at Home Depot, Lowes, Sherwin Williams, etc. I've bought it at all those with the FS 34094 code.
Look here.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?76210-Behr-Paint-Jobs-Show-me-your-MV-s
Search feature will find you lots of info on this.
Not sure what you mean by "air gun". HVLP, gravity feed, or old school suction gun. Those all use air. I've only used a smooth roller on my Deuce, and it comes out looking sprayed.
You don't even have to search there is only 1 sticky in this forum and it covers the paint codes .
[h=1]Paint Information (Codes and Sources)[/h]

kc5mzd

If you want cheep Home Depot paint you should check your local store every day. There are always gallons of paint that does not match exactly and gets returned. Let the paint people know what you are looking for and they will eventually get something that can be remixed or darkened to be close to CARC. It usually goes for 1/2 price or less.

Csm Davis

Hello, I need to paint a generator green with the Behr paint, Home depot doesn't know when their paint will go on sale, can this be a thread when the paint from Home Depot goes on sale this summer somebody will let us know? I hate to have to pay full price for this stuff!!
Thanks
They have an app for that.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Triton

Well my wife picked up 2 qts. of flat latex paint from Walmart. I had them use the competitor lookup for Federal Standard green, worked out perfect all for 10 bucks.
thanks to everyone here fro the help!

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Big box folk tend to put it on sale around Memorial Day, 4th of July and Memorial Day.
But because they are big box they are moving away from dollars off to prepaid debit cards.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks