• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Home heating oil available for Deuce fuel

Boatcarpenter

Multifuel owners,
I have a contact in Cape May that would like to give away approx. 100-125 gallons of said home heating oil. You need to have a safe way to transfer from his tank to your containers.
You may also need it for your upcoming heating season, but it never gets cold there does it:)?
PM me for details and contact name and number.
BC

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So far, nobody suggested using it for "on road" use.

THEROAD

Home heating oil, boat diesel, farm diesel any off road (non-taxed) diesel is dyed red. The suff that goes in your home heating oil tank is red. Red just means the highway taxes have not been paid. Boat diesel, red dyed, gets a 4 cent a gallon Federal Tax added to the bill. Something about a marine tax. So I guess you could save 4 cents a gallon by having the diesel oil man pump a load into your home heating tank. Thought about it, but getting turned in just is not worth 4 cents a gallon.

exbrown

Most states and the Feds have a way to pay the road taxes on fuel. It is relatively easy and since the fuel is free, it would still be cheap. Just pay the taxes and then you are legal.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most states and the Feds have a way to pay the road taxes on fuel. It is relatively easy and since the fuel is free, it would still be cheap. Just pay the taxes and then you are legal.
You can pay taxes on it but if you get checked you're still going to get fined if it's red. You may could carry your tax receipts into court and get it thrown out but you'd have to prove the receipts were for that batch of fuel (what's to keep somebody from getting a tax receipt for 50 gal of fuel and then keep filling their tank up until they get caught and then produce the receipts).

I don't know how other states are but TN will go after you with the full extent of the law for running dyed fuel. They know they can't keep tabs on every diesel vehicle so the only way to get compliance is to make the fine so severe that nobody would dare run dyed fuel.

Chief_919

Home heating oil is not RED only OFF ROAD is RED you mix it with used motor oil and darn no more RED HUMMMMMMM
In NC they will send a sample with oil in it to a lab that tests for the dye.

They also send any sample that comes back red to the lab to test for dye.

That started after a few guys beat the charges by claiming they had added ATF to the fuel and that is why it was red. Now the lab report is what you get convicted on, not it just looking red.

exbrown

(what's to keep somebody from getting a tax receipt for 50 gal of fuel and then keep filling their tank up until they get caught and then produce the receipts).
The same thing that keeps people from making a second tank that is not visible and running all the off road fuel they want. Nothing! If you only have one receipt, it better be relatively recent. If you can produce the forms that show you are paying tax on this fuel, and it appears that the amounts and dates are correct, you should be OK.

By the way, I use to be a tractor dealer and we advised everyone to purchase road diesel for their tractors. In our area, farming had declined to the point that many of the people who sold off road diesel did not sell enough to have good quality fuel. If you purchase road diesel, there is an IRS form that you can use to get all of the fuel taxes back at the end of the tax year. This way the tractor owners could run a better quality of fuel and it not cost them anything.

I had people tell me that they were going to keep the receipts for their truck and claim that on their taxes. I would always tell them that when they got audited and had receipts for $3,600 worth of diesel and then tried to claim that they ran it through a 30hp tractor, they were going to jail.

If you are legal, you are legal. I would not worry about it as long as I could show proof of what I was doing. Try to cheat, and you may pay the price.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks