• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Home with the new Dodge

67Beast

Well all went well as I was able to head over to Midland County and pick up my 53' M37 that I had bought from them. I very pleased with the truck, as it is really clean and in good shape. I picked it up right from the parks garages and was able to talk with several of the guys who use to use the truck, and the shop manager who took great care of the truck over the years. He was very happy to hear that the truck is going to be restored instead of cut up into some mudder. They have had the truck for over 30 years and had taken great care of it. He also found a bunck of spare parts for it that he threw in. There are stock tail lights, and a set of deuce style tail lights, rear canvas, and all the pieces to rebuild the troop seat. He didn't find the winch that they thought they had around for it though. Oh well that would have been just the added bonus.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Thats a good looking truck to begin with. I'm sure it will be as nice as the rest of the ones you have worked on. Getting a nice collection!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That looks really nice! I think I could enjoy it "as is". What a score! [thumbzup]

amanco

With the Non OD paint job and the fancy vinyl seat covers, just switch it over to 12V and I am sure you could get at least $10,000 out of it if you get in a pinch! :wink: No, wait, that only applies to 715's

67Beast

Thanks guys, she was a great find. I'll probably spend the whole day today playing with the new addition. Getting to know her! And it will most definately be going back to OD green. And I plan on marking it like the one my father drove all the time while in Korea serving with the 226th ASA. He was the assistant trick chief and one of his responsabilities was to drive the trick crew up to operations from HQ in an old M37. I'm going to build this truck mainly for him as I imagine that it will be hard to pry him away from it when it becomes time for parade duty. The big problem I have now is that come parade time, I have more trucks than drivers. I hope my 2 year old son grows up real fast!

citizensoldier

Thats a nice truck Dave. I watched it on epay and the old bidding finger was twitching.. You dont find many nice trucks like that in a good location for us Michiganders.. Now that you have a real off road performer the old 715 is going to get cobwebs. :D The above mentioned shelter looks nice too.. I have one extra M101A1 up here when your ready for it. lol.
Very nice truck glad someone like you got it. It will be well taken care of.

67Beast

Thanks Lane, but I don't think the 715 will gather to much dust. The one thing I have already figured out about the M37 is that everybody in the 50's were short people. I'm 6'3" and to get my foot onto the clutch peddle I have to bring my knee almost to my ear. The little I drove it yesturday it was fun to get around in the snow. It ran pretty good but smoke a little, but I'm sure that come from it not run for 5 years prior to me picking it up. A good drive today ought to clean it out real good.

maxim

Another save brought home to Michigan to roost, Looks very clean and hey, who stole the rust?? Thank goodness it did not get cut for a Mudder!!!......Mine is still in pieces waiting for spring....Congratulations on a cool find.

67Beast

Well I've been fiddling most of the day with it, and after some new plugs (which they gave me with the truck) and a new fuel filter, it has cleaned itself up and runs really good. A few short drives and everything seems to be functioning properly. After sifting through the boxes of extra parts they gave me it has become clear that they had nicknamed the truck "Buford" as all the parts boxes and spares are labeled as parts for "Buford". So I think I'll keep the name for him.

citizensoldier

I see a vynil nose art sticker already.. Hmmm I wonder what "Buford" will look like? Cool name I like it! Now Argyle will have a friend to park next to. So far I have Argyle, OliveOil,Red truck,and Big noizy green thing..

67Beast

citizensoldier said:
I see a vynil nose art sticker already.. Hmmm I wonder what "Buford" will look like? Cool name I like it! Now Argyle will have a friend to park next to. So far I have Argyle, OliveOil,Red truck,and Big noizy green thing..
Actually I think I'm going to do this one in paint masks, so the nose art will be done the same. When I here "Buford" I think an old hound dog. So I'm going to go with that as the art work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks