• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Homemade ECU trailer.

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I've finally have everything mounted and tested on my pseudo ECU trailer. I fired it up today and ran it on shore power and the genset and it worked great. I started with a m116 trailer, a mep-002a, and a packaged heat pump. The heat pump is mounted to a mep-018a skid for rigidity on the trailer. The mep-002 is mounted jus offset to the passenger side, so the heat pump intake and gen cooling wont be fighting each other. For power I used a switch box from a mjq-16 trailer and rewired it so the 2 inputs are 1-generator, 2-shore power. The output goes to a campground rv hook-up box which contains breakers for the output plug to the house xfer switch, heat pump, and some receptacles. I like the xfer switch as when you switch it it doesn't drop the load. Its a 2.5 ton heat pump on start up it surges the gen to 100% output for about a second then it runs at about 30%, that's a/c, heat will be the same without aux heat strips. I'm debating building an open shelf above the heat pump to hold my 16x16 tent, if the vinyl fits on one side and the poles length wise on the other side, this would be awesome. Now to paint it all to match.

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sweet setup! Whose package unit did you use? And were you able to find the flex duct commercially? I have tried mobile home duct and it looked like crap. 2.5 tons should be just right for the 16x16 tent.

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The duct is what came with my 400k btu aircraft engine heater. Its 12in diameter and 15 feet long. I have 2 one for supply and return. The only downside is its not insulated, so if the sun is on it, you lose cooling.

Edit: NDT the package unit is an Airtemp.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks