• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Honda XL600 Used by DOD?

Piper Cub

I bought this bike about a month ago and noticed an old DOD sticker on the front fork. It's a 1986 XL600 Honda Enduro. I know the military used Kawasaki KLRs but I've never heard of Honda's in service. It sat in a shed for years until I bought it as a pair with an XR500. Got it running briefly and already sold it to the neighbor but I'm still curious about the history. Anyone ever seen one with this sticker before or was it probably just a personal vehicle? I didn't see the sticker until a few days ago so didn't get to ask the previous owner.

20180312_172316.jpg20180310_092831.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks